Are you considering the use of solar panels for powering your home… off-the-grid?
Solar panels are a great solution for off-grid power generation,
But which one is the best for your home?
Have any thoughts?
There are parts of solar-powered living that may come as a surprise to those new to life, powered-by-the-sun…
Although several solar panels supported by a large battery bank can generate and provide sufficient power for most individuals familiar with this type of living, it can be a difficult feat for someone not acclimating to living off the grid.
Some choose to also install wind turbines, hydro-electric turbines, and/or keep a fuel-powered back-up generator on hand for emergencies.
To help in your search for a solar panel system and green energy exploration,
Here is a shortlist of questions to first consider:
- In the search for the best solar panel system, what features are you looking for?
- How much power do you anticipate generating with a solar panel system?
- How many solar panels do you think your home will need to live comfortably off-the-grid?
- What is your budget? What price do you anticipate paying per panel? Have you budgeted for all the electrical supplies, batteries, and backups?
- What types of backup power do you plan to have available? And will you need it?
- How many deep-cycle batteries will be needed for the battery bank?
- Who will install the solar panels once they arrive?
Already found the perfect solar power system for your off-grid home?
Which solar panel system did you choose? What battery did you find to be the best battery for solar panels?
What backup systems have you chosen to keep your off-grid home bright and warm, even during the colder, darker months of the year?